My name is Quratulain Habib and I am a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) since May 2009.
My Background & Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) – PMI – USA
- Master of Arts – History – Pakistan
- Bachelor of Commerce – Pakistan
- Brought a £19.2 Million project delivery on track for completion in 3 years at UBL. Achieved this through stakeholder management, risk alleviation and improving project communication across the project.
- Completed a business transformation project for UNDP RAHA leading to a 70% reduction of workforce involvement and 50% decrease in implementation time.
- Specialise in business change projects, project control and execution.
- Worked in Waterfall and Agile project delivery environments.
Web Consulting & eCommerce (9 Years and counting)
- Digital Media: User Experience, Landing Pages, Email Marketing and SEO
- Web content management: Closed and open source platforms. Beta Launched two of the largest news websites in Pakistan.
- Website usability analysis and SEO.
- Electronic payment systems, payment gateway solutions, online fraud/merchant chargebacks.
Why Choose Project Management?
I love technology and its ability to bring positive change to the way we work. Being part of a project that looks beyond existing solutions, pursuing new ideas & methods for clients is always of interest to me. Project management, my chosen field, allows me to be a part of the changing technological and global landscape, learn at a fast pace and use my experience for the benefit of the client and my employer.
This is probably one of the biggest reasons I love working on contract jobs and have been freelancing full time for the past 2 years. There is absolutely no limit to what you can do and learn when you start working across multiple industries. From IT to financial services, to media. This is possible mostly because the discipline can be adapted to suit and fit any organisation and project. Many disagree, but those who’ve done this, know it to be true.
What do I do now?
In 2014, I founded my own company named QZ Consulting which specialises in Project Management, Web Consultancy and Content Development. I also work as a volunteer for PMI – USA and occasionally write for Project Management Planet and Project-Management.com. I also run the website TechVise that is focused on devices, internet technologies and software for the average user.
Why Setup this blog?
The purpose of this blog is multi-fold. Over the years I have evaluated a ton of project management software, attended online trainings, expos and webinars and read papers. However, all this knowledge ends up staying with me and doesn’t get any further unless someone gets in touch for advice or asks a question.
Here, time permitting, I will post an article each month on where to get the best free & paid resources to further your career, learn, and simply to switch into project management from any career path you may find yourself on. Trust me, its easy and can be achieved by anyone if they set their mind to it.
If you want to learn from a seasoned expert, sign up via our RSS feed. (I don’t spam or share information with anyone)
You can follow me on: