Answer by Quratulain Habib: This answer's focus is how to start learning on the job instead of reading and attending classes (because you can already find those answers on Google and Yahoo) To become a project manager one has to start thinking like one. So for instance, you can start by segmenting your usual operational […]
Answer by Quratulain Habib on Quora: So many answers and none of them mentioned TimeCamp? Amazing!!! Here’s what I actually loved about it: They have a free plan as long as you’re not trying to create an invoice through them for clients (suggest you use Freshbooks for invoicing but not for timetracking) Their application runs […]
Back in August 2010, Tech Republic listed the PMP® certification among the top 10 IT certifications for 2010. Four years on, this continues to hold true as the PMP certification remains in high demand and the exam tougher to pass. Here are some tips for those preparing for this certification.
I recently wrote an article for the website Project Management Planet on the topic, managing virtual software management projects. The article came via Elance, a freelance website that I use at times to outsource project work or to work on projects myself. The site owner was very interested in my experience as virtual project manager […]
This post has been in writing ever since I came to UK, got my own bank account, set up a direct debit and used my card for online subscription payments. Mind you, it has been a very unnerving experience since even after 6 months here, I am surprised when: a transaction occurs 2 to 3 […]
Last year I worked on a rural development project in Pakistan for 30 handpumps and here is my story. The Problem There is a small village (about 500 families) in district Haripur, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa where Afghan refugees had settled for about 20 years, once they left, the land soil had been utterly destroyed for conventional farming […]
Via Quora What is the best way to shop online in or from Pakistan? I have done a lot of online purchases within Pakistan through credit cards. I was also a Product Manager for a company that used to route all these transactions on the internet in Pakistan. Hence let me explain both sides of the […]
For information junkies and those who love to enlighten, Quora is a wonderful place to be. It is a world of its own and so far there is no competition on the horizon for it. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn have their own niche uses. Facebook to stay in touch with family and friends, Twitter for sharing links and getting in touch with people directly and LinkedIn to keep tabs on who is doing what. Quora brings Twitter’s ability to connect directly with people to a forum where everyone gets to learn from one answer. Ever wanted to ask an Iraqi what the war meant to them? A detailed first person account is there. How about, asking J J Abrams on how he started making movies? He gives an answer when he has time from making movies ofcourse!
However to fully unlock the experience, one needs to do atleast some of these steps below:
- Choose Topics to follow: Start with topics you know about, then move to movies, books, authors and artists. Then choose topics that you have always wanted to know about. Add a few passion topics as well.
- Choose people to follow: Yes, people matter. We are programmed this way. If you dont know anyone on it, then start by following people, whose answers hit home (for you)!
- Vote good answers: Yes, you need to vote answers you like.
- Write answers: Write answers to questions you have knowledge on. Make sure you check facts and refer them if possible. If you don’t want your name associated with it, add an answer anonymously.
- Ask Questions: Ask questions that you has troubled you, or you have wondered about. It will cost you credits but in my experience, you get reimbursed multifold within a day as the no. of people who follow the question and give answers to increase.
- Complete profile: Quora’s profile is very different to facebook and social networks. They want to know your experience on a topic you give answers to. Fill that in, it adds a new dimension to your answer.
- Invite people: Add people who will enjoy this and spread the love…
So thats about it people. You can follow me on Quora if you have an account, otherwise request an invite through the contact form please.
Google+ is another social experiment by Google, followed by their past projects of a similar nature Google Wave and Orkut. I have been a beta user for the past two weeks and I fear this is going to be another failure, if we consider Facebook to be the hallmark for success right now. Here’s my […]
I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter series. For me it is a wonderful escape into an alternate world that manages to coexist with mine. It offers mystery, adventure, laughs, some romance and most important of all instructions on life itself. While there are many insights and goodies throughout the series, some are […]